Bryan City Schools would like to thank everyone for your patience as we have continuously monitored the many changes and regulations set forth by the Ohio Department of Education and the Governor's office over the previous weeks regarding graduation ceremonies during these unprecedented times.
We thank the Williams County Health Department and our many local officials for their approval of this plan. We also are very appreciative for the willingness of many community members, officials, and school staff to bring our class of 2020 together to celebrate and be honored for earning the right into the next phase of their lives.
Most importantly, thank you to the Class of 2020 for your spirit during these unique times!
Here are the graduation ceremony plans for the Class of 2020:
Outdoor/Drive-In Graduation Ceremony
Graduation Ceremony Date: Sunday, May 24
Graduation Ceremony Time: 2:00pm
Ceremony Location: Bus Lot/Events Entrance of Bryan High School
Details for the ceremony (see the attached map below for a visual aid):
- Graduates will park 1 car in the bus/events lot, facing the High School Events Entrance
- Each graduate will be given a numbered card to display on their dashboard before the car is permitted to enter the premises. Each vehicle will park in an assigned spot to maintain proper distancing. (spot assignments are coming at a later date)
- The vehicle must be able to fit in one standard parking spot
- However many seat belts are in the vehicle is how many guests the graduate may bring with them in the vehicle to the ceremony
- We highly encourage the graduate and their loved ones to decorate their car for the ceremony
- The police and local fire department will limit the cars permitted in the bus/events lot to the number of graduates we have, as well as a few administrators, faculty members, and board members.
- If other guests wish to attend the ceremony there will be parking available in the east student lot, the south staff lot, and field house parking lot. However, visibility of the stage may not be possible from these locations.
- A stage and sound system will be set up in front of the Events Entrance of the high school.
- The ceremony will be broadcast live on BMU, on local radio, and through streaming to ensure easy access to audio and visual of the event.
- The ceremony will follow the same format as always with student speakers, school administration, and staff all reading aloud from the podium on the stage.
- With proper social distancing, members of the school board and administration will be on the stage.
- When the time comes, graduates will walk across the stage to receive their diploma.
- With proper social distancing, students will leave their car to walk up for individual recognition. The student will enter from the north side of the stage. The student will pick up his/her diploma and will exit the south side of the stage. As the student is walking down the south steps, the next student will repeat the process on the north side of the stage. Students will remain six feet apart at all times. Only the student will touch the diploma.
- A formal picture of each student will be taken while he/she is on the stage. The photographer(s) will be practicing social distancing.
- All guests and family members must remain in their vehicles.
Broadcast of the Ceremony
- The ceremony will be live on the radio. Please tune into Q 96.5 FM.
- The ceremony will be broadcast live on BMU TV.
- The ceremony will be broadcast live on YouTube at the BMU Video page at this link. Please subscribe to BMU Video on YouTube and you can stream this live, no matter what your location is.
- The ceremony will also be made available on the BMU Video Youtube page after the ceremony for future viewing at any time.
- CLICK HERE for the order form if you wish to purchase a DVD of the ceremony from BMU.
- Following the ceremony, there will be a parade to "Salute our Graduates"
- After graduates move their tassel from right to left they will be asked to sit in their vehicle and follow the City of Bryan first responder vehicles on a parade route
- The route is designed to give spectators a safe opportunity to see the graduates and therefore the parade route will go through the City of Bryan Park system and past large areas of green space along Avenue A.
- ALL current COVID-19 social distancing requirements must be followed during the parade to ensure the safety of our students, parents, community members, and loved ones. THANK YOU in advance for following these guidelines!
- We ask that all graduate vehicles drive safely during the graduate parade.
- The parade route will be as follows:
- Graduates exit the South Entrance/Exit of the Events Lot
- Turn Right onto Fountain Grove Drive
- Turn Right onto County Road 13
- Turn Right onto Center Street
- Turn Left into Recreation Park
- Follow Rec Park Street to Oakwood Drive
- Turn Right onto Oakwood Drive
- Turn Right onto Avenue A
- Parade ends once participants return back to Center Street
- The ceremony will happen rain or shine. If we have lightning we will be forced to postpone the ceremony to Sunday, May 31 at 2:00pm in the same location.
Graduate Parking Map
Graduate Parade Route Map
BMU DVD Order Form