Text Options for the Visually Impaired Font Size: a- A+ Color: A A A Revert 
Close vision bar
Open vision bar

New Student Registration Information



New Student Registration for Bryan City School students will be completed on-line.


The Bryan City Schools system provides elementary and secondary education (PK-12) for children meeting residency requirements. In order to be eligible for public education, a student must be in legally recognized custody of a resident or government agency within the district.

Registration for all students grade Preschool through 12 is done at the Administrative Office, located at 1350 Fountain Grove Drive, Bryan, OH  43506.

If you are registering a Preschool student you must contact the Preschool secretary to verify if your student qualifies prior to making a registration appointment.  The office number is 419-633-6250

Registration is by appointment only, You may schedule your appointment by calling 419-633-6218 after completing the online application. Questions regarding registration can be addressed by calling the Central Registrar at 419-633-6218.


The required documents include:


  • Completed online application prior to appointment for new students.
    You will need to create a new account to register your child.  Please do not confuse this with your PowerSchool Parent account, if you already have children in school. The parent of every NEW student (including kindergarten) needs to create an account for new student registration. You can register more than one new student on that account.
  • If you are enrolling for the 2019-2020 school year CLICK HERE


After you complete the online enrollment form, you are required to bring the following documentation to our Central Registrar at Administrative Office at 1350 Fountain Grove Drive, Bryan, OH  43506.


Your child's enrollment is not considered complete, and your child will not be assigned to a class until we receive the following:


    * Official Birth Certificate from state bureau of vital statistics

    * Parent/Guardian Photo ID

    * Immunization records

* School Records

          - Current transcript or most recent class schedule

          - Most recent grade card

          - Special Education records (IEP/504 Plan/ETR)

If your child receives special education services it is helpful to bring the current signed IEP (Individualized Education Plan), and signed ETR (Evaluation Team Report),to expedite the student's placement.   Your child can not start school without the IEP and ETR.

* Proof of Custody

If the child's parents are divorced you must provide the complete journalized, signed custody papers(divorce/dissolution decree, shared parenting agreement, or juvenile court decision) proving residential parent information.

  • If custody is with someone other than the biological parents you must present a complete journalized copy of the legal custody papers transferring custody.


  • If legal custody is being established or modified, you must present a copy of the court stamped motion for change of custody. This will allow the petitioner to enroll the student and give them sixty days from the date of enrollment to obtain a journalized judgment entry establishing or modifying the custody.


  • The general rule in Ohio(RC3109.042) is that an unmarried female who gives birth to a child is the sole residential parent and legal custodian of the child until a court issues an order designating another person as the residential and legal guardian.



     * Proof of Residency

          - Current utility bills (gas, electric, water, cable TV)

          - Purchase agreement and current utility bill

          - Lease/rental agreement

          - If you are building a house in the district, a copy of the Builder’s agreement and a letter from Builder stating that occupancy will take place within 90 days from admission date; parent must agree to transport child to and from school until they occupy the new house.

          -If you are living with others and Utilities are not in your name. A Residency Affidavit must be filled out and notarized.



* Independent Student

If you are enrolling as an independent student (18 years of age) you must present the following before you will be enrolled:


Please bring these with you to your scheduled appointment to enroll.

    * Your Official Birth Certificate from state bureau of vital statistics

* Immunization records

* School Records

          - Current transcript

          - The name, address, and telephone number of your previous school

          - Most recent grade card

          - Special Education records (IEP/504 Plan/ETR)

     * Employer paycheck stub or proof of employment

     * Voter registration card

     * Lease/rental agreement and a current utility bill

     * Piece of mail with address within Bryan school district